10/3/2021 11:21 pm
Do you have a child with an IEP or 504? Do you have questions about Special Education or want to connect with other parents? SEPAC SOMA's first community meeting of the school year is coming SOON!
Join SEPAC on October 6th @ 7:30 to:
• Discuss the return to school and IEP updates/reviews
• Meet the SEPAC SOMA Board and School Liaisons
• Preview upcoming meeting topics
Sign up for meeting notices (and to get the Zoom link!) at www.sepacsoma.org
All are welcome! At every meeting ... we learn from one another, support each other, share resources and connect with others.Read More
MARSHALL PTA NEEDS YOU!
6/18/2021 9:59 am
Read MoreAttention Marshall Parents!We NEED YOU! The Marshall PTA is seeking a President and Vice President for the 2021-2022 School Year. If we do not fill these roles, the MARSHALL PTA WILL CEASE to EXIST! Summer is a crucial time for training and sharing information. Please if you are interested, contact Nicole Josey at email@example.com
2nd Grade Clap-Out 6/23, 12:35pm
6/18/2021 9:58 am
Hello 2nd Grade Families!We wanted to provide you with the logistics for our 2nd Grade Clap Out scheduled for Wednesday, June 23rd:
- Parents may begin to arrive at 12:25 PM. Please do not ring the bell. You may go directly to the grass area behind the school near the blacktop. Please do not stand on the blacktop. There will be cones at the edge as a reminder.
- Second grade students will first walk through the building where kindergarten and 1st grade students and staff will clap from their classrooms.
- At about 12:35 PM, classes will be announced one-by-one and will exit through the back doors, walking onto the blacktop.
- We invite 2nd grade virtual students to attend and join the class line once the students are outside. Please let us know in advance if your child will be joining us!
- Once on the blacktop, students will remain in their socially distanced line while the other classes are clapped out.
- When all the classes are outside, we will give a final round of applause to these deserving 2nd graders!
- Students will then be allowed to walk to their parents, one class at a time. Parents, please remain on the grass area.
- Students who need to ride the bus will be taken to the front of the building to board their buses immediately after the Clap Out. If you are unable to attend and your child will be riding the bus home, please let us know ASAP so we can ensure your child quickly boards.
No Dogs On School Premises
6/18/2021 9:58 am
With the exception of service animals, please do not bring dogs of any size or kind on school premises. We have children who are afraid of them as well as children and staff members who suffer various allergies.
Virtual Clap out for 2nd Graders | 6/22/20
6/20/2020 12:25 pm
To fully honor those 2nd Graders departing from our community, we will hold the annual Marshall School Clap Out on Monday, June 22nd at 10am. This year's celebration is VIRTUAL and can be viewed on the SOMSD YouTube Channel. We will honor our graduating students and wish them well as this chapter of their lives closes and the next chapter begins.
School Supply Kits SY 2020-2021 - Order Now!
6/20/2020 12:00 pm
It's that time again! As in the past, we will be offering the Teacher Tailored supply kit program which offers pre-packaged, school supply boxes filled with the exact items requested by your child’s teacher. Online school supply kits for next school year will be delivered to your child's classroom on the first day of school.
Why fight the hassle of retail when there's a cost effective and convenient way of purchasing your back-to-school supplies. Stay safe! Skip the lines this summer. Simply place your order by 6/26/2020 . Order online at www.shopttkits.com. Enter our school’s account number 50094.
Questions? Contact Ticiana Maloney at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3rd Grade Virtual Orientation
6/20/2020 11:47 am
Attention Parents and Families of Rising 3rd Graders! If you have not yet viewed the Virtual 3rd Grade Orientation, please click here for information regarding curriculum, introduction from the Jefferson PTA and a student-led virtual tour by some of this year's 3rd Grade Ambassadors. In addition, please check out the PTA website, jefferson-pta.org for more information including basic infomation, the staff directory, merchandise available for purchase in the school store and link to school supply sales.
Marshall & Jefferson's Multicultural Festival | 2/28
2/27/2020 6:52 am
MARK YOUR CALENDARS! Our annual Marshall & Jefferson Schools' Multicultural Festival celebrates the diversity
Display your heritage and celebrate the rich diversity in the Marshall and Jefferson communities! Represent your country by reserving a table. Sign up here. You can participate by creating a poster, wearing traditional clothing, doing a craft, reading a folktale, providing traditional food and drink or any way you prefer.
Can you spare an hour? We need volunteers! Sign up here.
This year's Multicultural Festival will feature a showcase from dancers from the Maria Priadka Dance Studio, an Award Winning Hula/Tahitian Dancer, Salsa Dancers and African Drumming. There will be an array of fun and culture-related activities planned for the whole family and — of course — lots of delicious food representing the diversity of our school. Join us!
Diversity & Inclusion @ Marshall | 10/16
10/14/2019 12:17 pm
Diversity & Inclusion at Marshall | 10/16
The Marshall PTA needs your voice! Our goal is to meet the needs of all families by integrating diverse backgrounds, interests, and needs through community events and positive communication. We want your feedback about what's working, and what we can do better. What has made your family feel seen and supported at Marshall? What would help you feel more connected to the Marshall community? Which PTA-sponsored events do you most look forward to and why? And what's missing?
We'll explore these questions and others at our upcoming PTA meeting. Please join us on Wednesday, October 16, at 7:30 pm in the Marshall Library, and share your voices!Read More